RULES & ETIQUETTE
1. SIGN UP TO PLAY. Sign up for weekly play days and meeting days online (see Sign-Up Instructions posted on the Niners bulletin boar in the Ladies Locker Room). Putting Club sign-up sheets will be posted in the Locker Room.
2. CANCELLATION. 24 hour notice is REQUIRED. Cancel thru the Pro Shop (760-345-2742). In case of an emergency the day of play, call the Starter to cancel.
3. BE ON TIME. CHECK IN WITH STARTER 15 MIN PRIOR TO YOUR TEE-TIME. Your tee-time will be available from the Pro Shop and Website Tuesday afternoon.
4. PLAY DAY GAME: The play day game is selected each week by the Pro Shop. Each player contributes $2 when checking in. Winners are posted on the bulletin board in the locker room. Remember to pick up your winnings in the Pro Shop.
5. PROPER GOLF ATTIRE REQUIRED.
6. COUNT EVERY STROKE. No gimmies and no mulligans.
7. PLAY READY GOLF.
8. KEEP UP WITH THE GROUP IN FRONT OF YOU.
9. REPAIR ALL BALL MARKS AND DIVOTS.
10. ENTER YOUR SCORE. The handicap computer is located in Ladies Locker Room.
11. GUESTS are welcome on our non-tournament days. Make sure that your guest checks in with the pro shop and pays the appropriate fee.
12. USE CARRY-OVER RULE WHEN NECESSARY on Holes 1,2,3,5,7,10,12,13,15.
13. PLAY THE BALL WHERE IT LIES. You are not allowed to change balls after your tee shot. If you think that you will need a water ball, tee off with a water ball. Do not change your ball on the course.
14. OUT OF BOUNDS. If you think your ball may be lost or out of bounds you may play a provisional ball from the place where your first ball was played. You must declare that you are playing a provisional ball and play it before you look for the first ball. If you cannot find your first ball or if it is out of bounds, you must count the strokes with your first and provisional balls, add a penalty stroke and play out the hole with the provisional ball. If you find your first ball in bounds, continue to play with it and pick up the provisional ball.
15. CLOSEST TO THE PIN. Your first shot must come to rest on the green on a Par Three (3) Hole to be included in the competition. Measure the distance from your ball to the center of the hole. Record the distance on the card stand provided for this purpose. If the Closest to the Pin is played on a Par Four (4) Hole, your second shot must come to rest on the green. Measure and record the distance as indicated above.
16. CELL PHONES. Cell phones should be used only in urgent situations. Please keep cell phones turned off or to the “vibrate” mode.