Palm Valley Country Club
Lady Niners Bylaws
Article I – Name
The name of this organization will be Palm Valley Country Club Women’s Nine Hole Golf League, commonly referred to as the Lady Niners.
Article II – Purpose
The purpose of this organization is to promote the game of golf and to promote fellowship among its members and to plan, schedule and conduct both golf and social events for its members.
Article III – Membership
- Any woman who has a golf membership at Palm Valley Country Club (PVCC) may become a member of the Lady Niners.
- The Board of Directors will establish dues that must be paid in order to participate in organized play days.
- Honorary Members. A member who has served on the Board and/or made other significant contributions to the association and is no longer an active member of the Lady Niners may be named as an Honorary Member. Nomination for an Honorary Member will come from a current Board member and will have Board approval. Honorary Members will continue to have their name and contact information in the annual Membership Roster and will be allowed to attend monthly meetings and major social events at their own personal cost.
Article IV – Meetings
- Regular meetings of the membership of the Lady Niners will be held monthly November through April, unless otherwise set by the Board of Directors.
- Special meetings may be called by the President with written or oral notice to members stating the purpose of the meeting.
Article V – Dues
The Board of Directors will set all dues that must be paid in order to participate in Lady Niners Play Days and Events.
- If a member cancels her membership prior to January 1st her dues, less fees and expenses, will be refunded. No refunds will be given after January 1st.
- Dues for the next season are payable by June 1st.
Article VI – Officers
- The following Officers will be elected: President, Events Coordinator, Secretary and Treasurer. These Officers, along with the Immediate Past President, shall constitute the Executive Board. The President shall automatically succeed to the office of Immediate Past President following the term of her presidency. All elected Officers shall have voting privileges on the Board of Directors.
- The terms of office for the President, Events Coordinator, Secretary, Treasurer, and Immediate Past President shall be two years. The Executive Board will make appointments to fill any vacancy occurring in the Executive Board.
- The Board of Directors will be composed of the Executive Board and the Extended Board Members listed in Article XII of the By-Laws. Extended Board Members are appointed by the President. They serve at the discretion of the President and are not subject to a term limit.
- The Board of Directors will meet prior to all general meetings to conduct the business of the Organization. A quorum will consist of a simple majority.
Article VII – Duties of Executive Board Members
- Presides at all meetings of the Lady Niners and its Board of Directors.
- Provides communication to the Board of Directors and general membership on all Niners matters.
- Executes all documents on behalf of the organization. Will have such other authority as may be delegated to her by the Board.
- Will be one of three individuals empowered to sign checks to draw upon the funds of the organization and may appoint a member of the Board of Directors as additional signer on the checking account if needed.
- Appoints all Extended Board Members.
- Coordinates activities with the PVCC Directory of Golf, Men’s Club, and the Palm Valley Country Club Women’s Golf Association (Ladies 18-hole League).
- Works with the Director of Golf to establish the annual Niners Calendar of Events
- Oversees arrangements for Special Events and the monthly Tournaments and Luncheons.
- Identifies Committee Chairs for all Luncheons and Special events and assists with the establishment of those committees. Fills vacancies on Committee lists as needed.
- Identifies a Sunshine Chair to send condolences and get-well cards to Niners as required. The Sunshine Chair will report to the Events Coordinator and provide a monthly report of activity and expenses.
- Provides Luncheon and Event Chairs with guidelines and budgets for their events and assists them with event planning as needed.
- Delivers, collects, and maintains Event Reports.
- Obtains, organizes, and distributes PVCC gift certificates at events.
- Keeps records of all meetings of the Executive Board and the Board of Directors.
- Keeps all other records and attends to League correspondence at the direction of the President.
- Receives and records dues payments from League members.
- Keeps a full and accurate account of receipts and disbursements for Niners events.
- Presents a financial statement each month to the Board of Directors.
- Prepares budgets for each of the Niners special events and monitors committee expenditures.
- Prepares a final year-end report and develops a yearly budget for the next season for approval by the upcoming Executive Committee.
- Is empowered to sign checks to draw upon the funds of the organization.
Immediate Past President:
- Serves as an advisor on the Executive Board and Board of Directors.
- Advises the President on league matters and performs duties assigned to her by the President.
- Performs all the duties of the President in her absence and will serve, in case the office is vacated, as President for the remainder of the term or until an election can be held.
- Serves a two-year term as the Niners representative on the PVCC Advisory Board.
Article VIII – Nominations
- The Nominating Committee will be appointed by the President at the February membership meeting. The Committee will be composed of the following: Two (2) from the Board (one of whom will act as Chairman of the Nominating Committee) and three (3) from the general membership of the Lady Niners.
- Membership on the Nominating Committee will not deprive its members of the privilege of being a nominee for office.
- Any vacancy occurring on the Committee will be filled by appointment of the President.
- No member will be eligible to serve two (2) consecutive terms on the nominating committee.
- The Chairman of the Nominating Committee will present a list of the Executive Board Nominees at the Lady Niners general meeting in March. The Chairperson will ask if there are nominations from the floor. Any candidate nominated from the floor must be present at the meeting to voice her acceptance.
- When there is more than one candidate for any office, the full slate will be elected by written ballot at this meeting. The President will appoint tellers to pass out the ballots, then collect and count the number of votes for each candidate for each office. The nominees receiving the majority of votes will constitute the slate of officers.
- If there are no changes to the list of Executive Board nominees presented by the Nominating Committee, there must be a motion and a second to accept this slate. The Nominating Chairperson will then ask for membership approval either by voice or by show of hands. A slate of officers will be posted on the bulletin board until the April meeting.
- Installation will be held at the General meeting in April.
- When the slate of new officers has been approved by the membership, the President may appoint the extended Board.
- At this time, the new President and Board of Directors will start making plans for the following season and assume their full duties by May 1st.
Article IX – Removal of Executive Officers
- Any Executive Officer who fails to fulfill the duties of their office or who fails to attend three (3) consecutive meetings of the Board of Directors may be removed from office upon a majority vote of the remaining Executive Officers.
- The remaining Executive Board Members will make an appointment to fill the vacancy for the remainder of the term of the Officer who has been removed.
Article X – Amendments and Rules
- Bylaws of the Lady Niners may be amended or revised at any Regular or Special meeting of the Lady Niners by a two-thirds (2/3) affirmative vote of the members present, providing that written notice is posted on the bulletin board and email notice of the proposed amendment is sent at least twenty (20) days prior to voting. Regular and Special meetings will be held during the months of November through April.
- The Board of Directors may, from time to time, adopt standing rules, not in conflict with these Bylaws to conduct the affairs of the Lady Niners. Standing rules may be adopted or revoked by a majority of the Board of Directors.
- The Executive Board may, from time to time, make changes to the number of and the duties of the Extended Board.
Article XI – Parliamentary Authority
These Bylaws will be in compliance with Roberts Rules of Order and they will be the governing authority, with the Bylaws, for this organization.
Article XII – Extended Board Members
- All members of the Extended Board shall be appointed by the President. They serve at the discretion of the President and are not subject to a term limit. The Executive Board shall establish the duties and responsibilities of the Extended Board members as appropriate. This information shall be maintained in a separate document titled ‘Duties of Extended Board Members’.
- The following persons, along with the Executive Officers, shall constitute the Extended Board:
- Food and Beverage Coordinator
- Handicap Coordinator
- Little Sister/Big Sister Coordinator
- Membership Coordinator
- Publicity Coordinator
- Putting Club Coordinator
- Website Coordinator